Friday, September 11

Hundred word stories - Sister



"We could've been friends if she weren't so darn pretty.  Everything she does is pretty."
"Bet surgery isn't pretty.  She does that."
"Probably turning people to butterflies." 
"I'd sign up." 
"I wish you were a man so I could ridicule you just now."  We stepped into the lunch queue, a line of blue collars. 
"Hot dogs.  Yum."  She handed me a tray.
"Smelled them from the parking lot."
"Maybe your sister could turn them into candy." 
"Or something edible. Like salad."
We took our food to a table by a window; a sheet of gray rain.
"Did she ever..do anything for you?" 
"Nothing cool.  Once she painted my room."
"Without touching anything?"
"Thought she was giving me a motorcycle mural.  No.  I got pink and purple butterflies."
"She painted those?  They look real."
"I can't believe I paid her for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment